Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Physio progress - March 25, 2008


I have been going to physio three times a week up until last week. Now I am going twice a week. I started out with some balancing exercises. At first it was very scary to balance on just my right foot. I had to make sure there was something at hand that I could grab for balance. I could maybe count to 10 before losing my balance. Today at physio I can stand on a foam form and throw a ball against the wall 10 times.
I started going on the treadmill after a week or so of physio. At that time I could only do 1 mph for a few minutes. Today I had it up to 3 mph for the first time and went for 5 minutes.
Doing toe raises is still quite difficult and painful. I can do them 50/50 but trying to put all my weight on just my right foot to do them is very painful. I can do 5 if I work myself up to it. Justin thinks its better not to push it right now if it's too painful.
I also walk forward and backward in front of a mirror for balance and to make my foot do a complete 'roll' when I walk. This is also more difficult backwards but I can do it.
Since the swelling has gone down a bit this past week I seem to notice individual weaknesses in my foot. My arch is very tender and my ankle seems weak. Justin asures me that it's not weak but is sure it just feels looser since the swelling has subsided a bit.
Progress has been very slow but there has been some.

No comments: