Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Henderson Hospital - October 23 - October 30th/07

As soon as I got in the Emerg. they tried to get a pulse from my foot. They found one right away and it was strong. The pain was brutal. It took a long time to get any medication for the pain. They were very concerned that there was a possibility I may loose my foot. I was really shocked by that possibility. They finally gave me perks and the pain was tolerable. I was admitted that night and ended up staying there for a week. I had a soft cast on during my stay. Keeping the swelling under control was a full time job. I was not allowed out of my bed until the last day. I was not allowed to weight bear on my leg for a full 10 weeks. I learned in the Henderson that my injury was called a complete dislocation of my metatarsels, or Lisfranc injury. Basically my foot was amputated give or take some skin. They decided that they were not capable of doing this surgery at the Henderson and I would have to report to the fracture clinic at the General Hospital and see Dr. Petrisor. I was released from the Henderson on October 30th.

No comments: