Tuesday, March 25, 2008

General Hospital - Nov 9th - Nov 13/07

I was stuck in Hell for 5 days. I asked them to take me off morphine the first night. That stuff just makes me loopy. They started giving me perks which also makes me sick. The next morning I tried to take 1/2 dose of perks. Within a few hours the pain returned with a vengence. The nurse wouldn't allow me any more meds because my chart called for 2 perks every 4 hours. I cried in agony until the male nurse gave me some. The next morning I had to wait for pain meds because they didn't have any on the floor. Along with my 3 room mates, we were confined to our beds and unable to use the bathroom. We were at the mercy of the nurses. There were many times that I was in tears because I had buzzed for a bedpan numerous times and they didn't come. This was a horrible place to be. Every day they promised that I may go home the following day. Every day there was a reason I couldn't go. Finally on Tuesday, Nov 13th I told them I was leaving at noon whether they like it or not. I left as I said. I hope never, never to return again. I'm finally heading home.

No comments: