Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New Year 2008







I decided that one of my New Year's resolutions would be to walk again. I did. It was hell taking a taxi every morning and every evening. There were times when I was waiting outside in the frigid cold for 1/2 hr. I would put the dogs down in their pen then stand outside at the designated time. The taxi would be late. It was inconvenient having help in the morning and evening. I know that sounds odd but it was just more of my independance that was taken away. I bought my car on January 11th. I remember crying my eyes out that weekend because I couldn't take the seclusion of not being able to go out when I wanted to. I walked down to Shopper's Drug Mart (my boot was open toed and not made for winter walks) just to be able to get out. I sat in the drive way in my car wondering how I could start driving again. I moved it from one parking spce to another and realized that my boot did not interfre in the pedals. I could drive! I decided then an there that I was 'firing' all my help. I had had enough. I was going to drive myself and take care of myself and answer to no one. It felt good.

No comments: