Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dr. Petrisor - December 18, 2007

The pins are to be removed. These 'pins' look quite like an allen key except they aren't quite as thick. They are about 4" long. They go straight through the bone. There are 5 of them! No freezing medication. They just yank them out. I had both boys with me which was no comfort whatseoever. One was hustling the nurse taking out the pins and the other was cracking jokes about the procedure. It didn't really hurt getting them out but it was disgusting. It feels a lot like have a tooth yanked out if the tooth was 4" long. This had to be done 5 times! The last one did hurt. I was very relieved when it was over. She wrapped my foot in a guaze. No more cast. I hadn't been told to bring my boot. Carefully the boys took me home so I could put the boot on. I had to wear that thing for another 6 weeks. I could start weight bearing in 2 weeks. I was excited to be making progress.

No comments: