Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mom's house - Oct 30 - Nov 9, 2007

Mom took me straight down to the fracture clinic of the General Hospital to see Dr. Petrisor. He seemed very knowledgable and knew what he was dealing with. He said he would do surgery and would try to get it booked for Friday. Well, things don't go exactly as planned I would soon learn. Surgery ended up being 2 1/2 weeks post accident. He took off the soft cast and I was able to use the boot. This way I could take a regular bath (something I did without in the hospital) . I spent this time of limbo at Mom's house because I was too afraid of the stairs at my house with my foot in such a fragile state. I basically lived in the recliner for the 1 1/2 weeks I waited for surgery. I only had my crutches, so even going to the kitchen was a planned trip. I ventured outside for lunch a day or two, but that was extremely difficult and exhausting. I could only walk on the crutches for a maximum of 5 minutes and my hip would ache.

No comments: