Monday, March 24, 2008

The Accident - Tuesday, October 23, 2007




I just returned home from Buenes Aires yesterday. I returned home feeling very unwell. Thinking I may have strep throat, I called and made a doctor's appointment for this afternoon. I was driving back to work, driving east bound on King St. to make a left hand turn onto Parkdale. As I was approaching behind another car, the light turned yellow. I followed the car in front of me turning left. As the car in front of me turned, I saw a van heading for me and I knew that it was going to be bad.
I assume I tried to slam on the brake just as he was hitting me, basically head on. The hit was hard. It spun me around and I ended up facing west bound in the far south lane. I knew instantly that my foot was messed up bad. I couldn't move it. The air bags had gone off and the acrid smell and taste was horrible but I couldn't get out of the car. I remember people opening the doors and me trying to lean out as far as possible. It was drizzling rain.
The ambulance was there very quickly. They helped me out onto a stretcher. My car was very badly smashed up.
The ambulance guys tried to put an IV in me to give me some pain med. I remember them asking me what number I gave the pain, considering the worst pain in my life was a 10. I told them it was an 8. They wanted to take me to either General or Henderson. I asked to go to Henderson. I called Mom on the way to the hospital.

No comments: