Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Surprise Ending

I started this blog only to document my progress. I didn't want to forget the milestones or the tears.
A very nice surprise has been the people who have told me that this blog has helped them.
Our injury is not a common one and there is very little information available about what to expect as far as progress.
It has made me very happy to hear that I was able to help you guys, even a little bit.
Marg, thank you, you helped me when I had questions. Barb, keep those feet moving, your progress will come. And Kala, it's really important to find a doc that knows what a Lisfranc injury is and how to treat it properly the first time. I was told often by medical professionals that they learn about Lisfranc dislocations in school but usually never deal with one. I was always a curious specimen to them. I wish you all well.
I will up-date this in a month or so but I really am excited that it seems possible my foot will be 80 - 90% perfect. That is so much more than I dared to dream a year ago.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I was dreaming for you, my sweet sister!
I'm so glad you've come this far, your strenght through it all is inspirational!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! how's your leg doing now after the screws are off! Can you walk normally pain free now?gonna have my screws removed in 2months time!cant wait