Monday, December 29, 2008

Nerve damage?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
Since I have been healing from having the screws out and scar tissue removed, I have noticed that I have nerve damage over about 1/4 of the top of my foot. It runs from the tip of my big toe, over to my second toe and all the way down the inside of my foot to about mid scar. It's tingly and 'frozen' feeling. I don't guess it would cause any problems but if feels funny. My second toe is completely numb on top. I can feel the very tip of my big toe.
Flexibility is way better than before and so is the movement in the lisfranc joint.
I'm glad I had the surgery but this was a little unexpected.

4 comments:

patscan said...

I had an ORIF done on 1/17/09 for a Lisfranc injury that happened on 12/24/08. If I would have known what I know now before the surgery, I don't think I would have had it done. Every where I read, the outcome isn't that great. I am still in a cast and cannot bear weight for 3 more months!!! I myself have the same tingling feeling. I also cannot feel below my big toe. It would be great to keep in touch with anyone who has had this injury and or surgery cuz it's not fun going through this alone. It helps when someone knows what you are feeling and they understand. Hope to hear back from some one.....: )

Kim said...

patscan,
My outcome has been wonderful considering the severity of the accident. I have no regrets with any of the treatment I received. It sure was a long road but, without a doubt, one worth taking. I have tried to keep this blog as I went along but I would be happy to help you with any questions you have. Keep your chin up, it does get better.

Shelley said...

Kim - just be careful with new shoes, any cuts etc because serious damage might be done without you knowing because of lack of sensation. Keep an eye on your little piggies! :-)
Love from nurse/sister!

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same outcome after my first surgery. Do you still have this feeling? I don't want this forever!