Saturday, November 15, 2008

The following pics are graphic...be warned

My right leg is quite a bit smaller than my left leg. I'm sure this will right itself eventually. I feel fantastic. I feel so much movement in my foot that I didn't before. I can walk down stairs properly now. I am pretty sure that I won't even have a limp once this is all healed. The only thing now is the swelling. My toes still aren't as nimble as before the accident but that isn't hindering my walking or anything really. I am very glad that I chose to have the screws out. It has made a huge difference already.
The swelling is still significant.

This was taken on November 15th. Just 2 weeks after the pic below. I'm a good little healer.



This was taken November 1st. Just 5 days after surgery. My foot was painted with a pink/red antiseptic during surgery. It stained my foot for quite a while.













4 comments:

Kala said...

Hi :). I suffered a Lisfranc injury back in late October...I just wanted to let you know that your blog has been very informative. I stepped into a small hole in my neighbors yard and fell. The hole was at the edge of a tree root and the force of me falling cracked the corner of my medial cuneiform and dislocated my first two metatarsals...I was in a fiberglass cast for 3 and a half weeks and they took it off this passed Monday (the 17th) and re x-rayed it and my foot is worse. I have severe separation between my medial and intermediate cuneiforms and I'm going to have to have pins put in this Friday! Like I said...thanks for the informative blog!

Kim said...

Hi Kala. I am so glad that I have been of help. I just had my last appointment with the surgeon yesterday and FINALLY, after just over a year I am finished with Doctors. It's a long road with a lot of work. Hope your recovery goes well.

marg said...

Hi Kim so glad to hear everything went well and you are showing so much improvement. Looking at your photos your foot looks so similar to mine. The swelling has completely gone now but I still have that lump on the top of my foot. It looks as if the shape of my foot has changed. I still have a slight limp unfortunately and I cant wear high heels all day if I am doing a lot of walking. I am hoping there will still be more improvement. I have been told it will improve for a year after the screw removal. Here's hoping. Marg

jenn said...

ok i feel better my toes have wrinkles all over then and some are red looked like baby blood vessels but i see it must be normal for this injury