Saturday, April 12, 2008

Update

Swelling is a big issue. Just when I thought it wasn't so bad it has been difficult all week. Unless I am wearing running shoes. If I stand to do dishes, or anything my foot swells, if I wear any shoes other than runners my foot swell instantly. If I push on my foot with my finger, it leaves a finger print for about 10 minutes. It's weird. Shoes are also a problem. My foot is a funny shape and won't fit into 90% of my shoes.
I have been able to walk down a flight of stairs without holding the railing though. It still hurts to round my foot properly when I walk but I have more confidence in my stability.
I will have a meeting with Dr. Petrisor on Monday morning so I will know more then. I can't wait. I have a feeling this is as good as it will get. It's been almost 6 months. The accident could have been so much worse, so if this is it I will accept it but it would be nice to be able to wear any shoes again.

No comments: