Thursday, April 24, 2008

6 MONTHS




Yesterday was 6 months since the accident. Boy have I come a long, long way. In hind sight it has been a very difficult 6 months. A lot of struggling, but constant progress. I have been pretty convinced that my healing is complete and the progress in the past month has been very minimal. Here is what I am left with;
Pain in the morning - 3
Pain through the day - 2
Pain in the evening - 3
Shoes are a large problem. Most don't fit, most of what is left hurts and the few left from that, well, are few.
Swelling is a large problem. By the end of the day my foot is always swollen but if I have to be on my feet too much after that they are horribly swollen.
I can't walk up stairs properly because I can't round my foot completely. I can't walk down stairs for the same reason. I sort of go sideways. At night time, going down stairs is agony on my knees and my feet. I look like a 90 yr. old woman
I can't run.
I can't go for long walks because of swelling, my hips hurt and my legs ache. Hopefully if I keep trying it is just a matter of getting in better shape.
Which reminds me that I have also gained about 10 pounds because of impeded activity.
But I can live to see another day and as you can see from the pictures from six months ago you understand that whatever challenges I have left from this accident are nothing compared to what it could have been.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Okay, those pictures kind of made me vomit into my mouth a little. Oh man!

Have you tried wearing edema socks? They might help with the swelling - for work you can always cover them with pants - don't know how ugly they are (they used to be hideous but that was twenty yrs ago), just a thought! :-)

Love ya to the moon!