Monday, April 14, 2008

Petrisor Grad

I saw Dr. Petrisor this morning. He took some xrays and is very happy with the results. He says the swelling could very well take a year to be under control. The flexibility in my toes is being hampered by the tendons being all tied up in scar tissue. It will get progressively better with exercise. I don't have to wear my orthotics anymore, my arch is strong enough. He also said that if I need to have the screws out I can call him but if they aren't bothering me they can stay in, HORRAY.
I've pretty much come as far as the medical field can take me, now we'll just have to wait and see how much better it gets. That's OK with me. It could have been so much worse. I was sitting in the waiting room with a young guy who walked backwards off a roof in September. He thought he had two more steps to go, and down he went feet first. He basically exploded his feet. They put him back together and today he was walking. My injury just didn't seem so bad after talking to him. He had a kick ass attitude just like me, that will take him far.
Today is a good day.

1 comment:

patsyrose said...

With an attitude like yours there's no reason your healing won't be complete in time.

And remember that your stubborness comes from both parents so you can't lose!